Geographic focus: statewide
Main activity: legislative and administrative efforts, state regulatory agencies
The Natural Resources Task Force focuses on legislative, regulatory and permitting issues dealing with state and wildlife agencies. The project focuses on linear projects, such as pipelines, transmission lines, railroads, water conveyance systems, and general maintenance permits in relation to the protection of fish, wildlife, and their habitats. The Natural Resources Task Force engages natural resource policy and regulatory programs managed by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and other state agencies, including the California legislature. The task force also monitors federal issues that create jurisdictional challenges in California.
- State Wildlife Action Plan
- California Endangered Species Act
- Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement and jurisdiction
- Natural Community Conservation Planning Act
- Budget, fees, and accountability and transparency
- Permitting and enforcement
- California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit (ITP)
- Nesting birds and critical habitat
Jackson Gualco, The Gualco Group, Inc.