Policy Analyst Job Description
The California Council for Environmental and Economic Balance (CCEEB) is a non-profit, non-partisan, 501(c)(4) whose mission is to advance policies that improve the environment and protect public health, while maintaining a strong economy and competitive businesses. We do this by fostering collaboration among business, labor, and public leaders to develop innovative policy solutions.
We’re seeking a policy analyst to support our legislative and regulatory work in California. Issue areas include air quality, climate change, natural resources, energy, and water quality. This is an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge and exposure to environmental policy issues under the direction of experienced leadership.
As a Policy Analyst, you will…
- Attend agency meetings, board hearings, and committee meetings; report outcomes to project team and CCEEB members; and provide public testimony.
- Track development of proposed rules, plans, and policies; review technical documents and rulemaking packages; and analyze implications for CCEEB members.
- Provide written and verbal summaries to project teams and CCEEB members; solicit, synthesize, and consolidate input; assist with the drafting and editing of comment letters, testimony, and other communications.
- Coordinate project tasks, schedules, and outreach to external stakeholders.
- Update and maintain CCEEB collateral such as website and membership brochures.
- Assist in all aspects of event planning and facilitation for annual conferences, special meetings, teleconferences, and other events.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in environmental policy, political science, economics, physical or environmental science, engineering or a related field is required.
- Demonstrated interest in California public policy, advocacy, and environmental issues.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills; highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Ability to analyze and communicate technical policy proposals.
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting to meet shared objectives.
- Preferred Qualification – knowledge of WordPress is helpful, but not necessary.
Salary range is based upon experience. Health care and retirement savings plan are offered. The position will be based in San Francisco, CA, a block from the Embarcadero BART/MUNI station. We’re an Apple office.
How to Apply
We’re seeking to fill this position immediately and applications will be reviewed as received. Based upon review of applications, qualified candidates may be asked for a phone and/or in-person interview in CCEEB’s San Francisco office.
To apply, please email [email protected] with the subject line as your last name and Policy Analyst (e.g. “LAST NAME – Policy Analyst”). Applications must include the following materials, saved as a .pdf file, to be considered: (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) one writing sample (approx. 2-3 pages).