Geographic focus: statewide
Main activity: legislative and administrative efforts, state regulatory agencies
The Air Project covers statewide regulatory and legislative air quality issues (excluding climate change). The project works to ensure that state and federal air quality requirements are integrated in order to maximize consistency and minimize duplication of effort. CCEEB represents members at the California Air Resources Board and other state agencies, as well as at the legislature. The Air Project works to improve programs on-the ground and to ensure that policies are successful under real-world conditions while still meeting environmental goals.
The Air Project is the lead for issues related to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and Environmental Justice.
- Air quality related legislation
- AB 617 and Community Monitoring Plans
- ARB Mobile Source Strategy and State Implementation Plan (SIP)
- AB 2588 and Air Toxics Control Measures
- Enforcement, penalties, and fines
- Air sensors, fence line and community monitors
- CAPCOA Industry Task Force
- CEQA and update to state guidelines
- Mobile Source Incentive Programs
- Sustainable freight and goods movement
- Portable Engines Registration Program
- Heavy-Duty Inspection Program (HDVIP)
- Periodic Smoke Inspection Fleet Program (PSIP)
Kendra Daijogo, The Gualco Group, Inc.
Janet Whittick, CCEEB
Clifford Moriyama, The Gualco Group, Inc.